Maria_David

Maria_David
As his face changes, her fate unfolds. The Mirrors of Fate: Out of the Past (Book 1 to The Mirrors of Fate Trilogy). Click on the pic for e-outlets.

Friday, 11 March 2011

Q&A with Book Blogger A. Robbins

Had an interview Q&A done for book blogger Albert Robbins III's site, an avid supporter of indie authors. You can find the Q&A here: http://freebookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/03/author-interview-cindi-lee-author-of.html or read it below:



Friday, March 11, 2011


Author Interview: Cindi Lee author of The Mirrors of Fate: Out of the Past


Adopted into a well-off Indian family when she was young, the present is high school senior Maria's only concern as she desperately plots to prevent an arranged marriage before she graduates. But when a new student enters her life on a mission of revenge, Maria is forced to revisit a past betrayal and learn of her entanglement in a dangerous cross-dimensional web of fate.

Free Book Reviews
What do you think readers will find most notable about this book?

Cindi Lee
I think they'll find most notable the modern take on the traditional arranged marriage conflict they see in romance novels. Only this time, it's spun with a high school student with a very unique cultural background unlike anything I think most readers have encountered in YA genres like this or many other genres for that matter.

Free Book Reviews
Have you acquired any good anecdotes surrounding this book? If so, could you share one?

Cindi Lee
Yes. I found out years later after I wrote the book and had already graduated from university that a former high school classmate of mine actually had an arranged marriage issue of her own to deal with. She too was from an Indian family. I think that adds a unique bit of realism to that aspect of the story I had come up with.

Free Book Reviews
Did researching and writing this book teach you anything or influence your thinking in any way?

Cindi Lee
Writing and researching for this book taught me how differently people view what is appropriate for YA literature. I also discovered how multiculturalism and diversity are sometimes missing from a lot of what I call YA "fantastical genres" like paranormal romance, fantasy, sci-fi, etc. YA is difficult to define because people have different opinions on what is too mature for people under a certain age. Some say yes to grit, some say no way. My aim when I started writing this trilogy at 17, still in high school, was to keep things realistic. I imagined the high school protagonist being thrown into these intense, surreal situations with little more than a crutch, so I wanted to reflect that as realistically as I could, but of course without overstepping too many boundaries. I've also always loved the saucier-type of romance books and I also love classic literature, so there's a romanticism and classical, old-natured style at times to the writing that I didn't want confusing readers or spicing up the romance too much. The rest of the trilogy, fantasy romance, becomes darker, so I'll be sure to double and triple check the intensity of the content as the trilogy moves forward.

Free Book Reviews
What would you most like readers to tell others about this book?

Cindi Lee
That it was an intriguing, original read and they can't wait for the next volume to find out what happens to the two main characters. I really want people to get something from what I write, whether it's a laugh, a single tear, a chill, whatever the case may be.

Free Book Reviews
Can you suggest one question readers might find interesting to discuss, concerning you, your writing in general, or this book?

Cindi Lee
What will the next two volumes be like and what should we expect.

Free Book Reviews
How can readers help you promote this book?

Cindi Lee
If you read a sample and like the book, just tell your friends and loved ones and please go out and support by buying.

About You: Cindi Lee

Free Book Reviews
Why do you write?

Cindi Lee
I've been writing as long as I can remember. It's my outlet, my escape, and I wouldn't want to do anything else. I know this is where I'm supposed to be and I'm glad to be doing it.

Free Book Reviews
What is your greatest strength as a writer?

Cindi Lee
I'm told it's my descriptive writing style and my ability to keep you in suspense until the next chapter.

Free Book Reviews
What quality do you most value in yourself?

Cindi Lee
I always find a way to laugh at myself. Smile even if the world isn't smiling with you.

Free Book Reviews
In addition to writing, what else are you passionate about?

Cindi Lee
I'm a health and fitness nut actually. I love promoting health and wellness and encouraging others to take care of themselves.

Free Book Reviews
What are you most proud of accomplishing so far in your life?

Cindi Lee
Taking this step and debuting the novel. I was terrified to take the next step and sat on it for ages, but I finally decided to go for it. It took baby steps, but I'm here.

Free Book Reviews
Is there any new or established author whom you feel deserves more attention, and what is it that strikes you about his or her work?

Cindi Lee
I've just started looked at Heather Hildenbrand's new novel "Across the Galaxy". I'm so busy I haven't had time to fully dive into it, but I hope I get the chance. The first page got me.


That's it folks. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment