Maria_David

Maria_David
As his face changes, her fate unfolds. The Mirrors of Fate: Out of the Past (Book 1 to The Mirrors of Fate Trilogy). Click on the pic for e-outlets.

Sunday, 13 March 2011

Updates and Reflections after Read an Ebook Week

Read an Ebook Week is all over with. Sigh and a teardrop. But it was a great ride, and I even picked up some ebooks for myself. I'm happy to report that the Smashwords promoted Read an Ebook Week gave me a much needed boost for my exposure, but I'd love to hear more feedback from readers. If my humble little debut novel "The Mirrors of Fate: Out of the Past" made you laugh, if it made you cry, if it gave you a chill, if you thought it was interesting, if it made you go blech, I want to know about it. If you have questions or comments, you can of course post them in the comments box, post a review where you purchased it, or send comments or q's my way on http://twitter.com/Cindi_LeeJM. 

I think what's most humbling about the recent sales is that since I personally have few friends that I know of  who'd actually sit and read an ebook, I know the majority of the downloads are just from strangers who were interested after reading the sample or reading the blurb or hearing about it. But thanks to everybody, friend or stranger, who's taken a look-see so far. While my numbers are certainly nowhere near Amanda Hocking standards (fist pump for vampires!), when I became an indie I already told myself I'd make my biggest challenge myself and my only limiting factor myself. The more time you waste worrying about how much better others are doing, you get pulled into a funk and hear that little evil creature say, "Heh heh, your writing is lame." I was definitely doing a lot of praying and promoting. And God and hard promoting came through. I not only made the bestseller YA romance list on smashwords, on Tuesday March 08, 2011 I became the #1 bestseller on the YA Romance smashwords list. ^_^ I've been beat now, but it was still quite the euphoric day. I'd been putting a lot of work into promoting and was glad to see that sample numbers were matching up with buy numbers. The hope was that people who read samples came back for more, and at least that tells me people were intrigued enough to continue.

And now, with Read an Ebook Week donezo, I've marked the $2.99 price down to $0.99. Yes, that ever-so-attractive number that makes an Ebook buyer get giddy :-). My main task is to get you guys checking it out. I think a story and its characters live and breathe and continue living through other people who have gotten something, anything, from the book and continue to spread the word to other interested parties. I really just love to write and, just like any author, hope that others will enjoy reading what I write as much as I enjoyed writing it. So you can get a great read for even cheaper. For those who haven't checked it out yet, get the first volume to Cindi Lee's The Mirrors of Fate trilogy, "Out of the Past" below.


Adopted into a well-off Indian family when she was young, the present is high school senior Maria's only concern as she desperately plots to prevent an arranged marriage before she graduates. But when a new student enters her life on a mission of revenge, Maria is forced to revisit a past betrayal and learn of her entanglement in a dangerous cross-dimensional web of fate. 


*note: Prices differ among some locations due to pricing regulations specific to the seller site


Amazon US http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004QGYCE4
Amazon Kindle http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004QGYCE4
Smashwords http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/44637
Goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10727888-the-mirrors-of-fate

2 comments:

  1. *The more time you waste worrying about how much better others are doing, you get pulled into a funk and hear that little evil creature say, "Heh heh, your writing is lame".*

    Wow. You said a mouthful there. I would imagine that especially with all the attention on the blogosphere to writers like Hocking and Konrath, this would be a tall order. But you are absolutely right. It's very easy though, isn't it? To get pulled (even momentarily) into that mire? And I imagine that as as indie author, so much of your work is reaching out to readers and book bloggers through the internet, and the internet is where all those "other writers" and "how they're doing" kind of ... hovers...it would be very hard, at least for me, to not get caught up in it.

    Congrats on getting a bump in your visibility! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, it's tough, but what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Chase your dreams because they won't come right to you :)

    ReplyDelete